Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I'm so sick of you, so sick of me, I don't want to be with me

New Years Resolutions List.  I'm working on the list in three categories.  The first category is "things that are on the list that are absolutely not going to happen but I secretly wish I could commit to".  The second category is "stuff that is possible but probably not going to happen".  The third list is the realistic list of "what I am willing to commit to 1oo%".  So far it's a sad, sad list.

So, I figured that I will just list a few things a day until actual new years when I might make a decision on what I will like to accomplish as resolutions next year.  These are in no particular order, btw.

1.  I'd like to find a sport or some excersize that I don't completely hate so I have fun and lose some of this winter fat I'm accumulating.  This is probably one of the most common and generic resolutions ever, honestly.  But I guess it wouldn't be much of a list if I didn't have it on here. This is probably going on the first list, the not going to happen at all you big fat schmuck. 

2.  I'd like to make one cookbook recipe a week all year.  I'm gonna start out with Alton Brown but I'll switch it around with Michael Simon and some other stuff as I go.  I think I'll count food network magazine and online recipes, too.  I think that this one is in the second list, what I'd like to commit to but...hopefully it happens. That list. 

3.  Continue writing my blog as regularly as possible.  This one is in that third column, something I can commit to 1oo%.  Now, I'm not promising anything good or interesting or anything like that.  I'm only promising that I'll write something.  See, that third list is my throw away list (things I was gonna do anyway but if I make them resolutions it makes me feel like I can get something accomplished).  Also on that list are simple things like continuing to breathe at regular intervals and turning 30.  


Here's a picture of the zen garden I made
myself at work to lighten the mood.

Oh no...turning 30.  Wait, I'm taking that one of the 1oo% list and moving it to the completely gonna suck balls and I'm not doing it list.  I'm not.  I figure I'll turn into a vampire or something so I never turn 30.  Sure, I am not good at late nights and I do enjoy the sunshine, but to not turn 30?  And the whole blood sucking thing?  Eh...It might be worth it if I don't have to turn triple decades old.  Originally I thought about going the way of a zombie but the whole body falling apart brains eating thing is a big deterrant.  Martin told me to be Litch but they look really gross and they are most all evil so I don't think I could do that, either.  So, it's looking like Vampire is my best bet.  Although I wouldn't turn down some form of lycantropy, either.  Unless is was something stupid like, oh, I don't know, wereiguana or something. 

I'm thinking dead and zombie themed songs all week.  You too?  You got it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment