Sunday, September 5, 2010

Writing excercise

"How do I know you aren't influencing me right now," she said, looking down avoiding his gaze. 
"You don't, I suppose," he replied softly.  "Does it matter?"
She looked at him for a moment and quickly looked away again.  "I...no, probably not." She started to say something else and stopped herself.  He reached out and took her hand in his.  His hand was cold and gave her small chill as the thrill of his touch tore through her body.
A moment passed.  Without looking at him she whispered, "Will I ever be free of you?"
"What would you do if you were?" he asked sincerely.
She looked down for a moment, considering.  She stared up into his eyes almost defiantly and then looked away again.  "I don't know," she said honestly.
"You don't know or you don't want to know?" he asked her gently though she could hear the smirk in his voice.  A light smile played on the edge of his lips and he squeezed her hand reassuringly. 
She didn't have a response to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment