Friday, September 17, 2010

I've got a gold chain, like it was 1980

Hmm...so a Friday post means I'm working overtime (or i had a lot of free time or i had a burning need to tell you guys something super awesome).  Assume it's the overtime. 

Bad news is that I just don't feel motivated to do anything. I'll get going here shortly, I promise. 

Ordered the Alice costume last night, I'll take pics and post them on here when it comes in.  Custom ordered, I'm so excited.  This is gonna be the most expensive party I have ever thrown, btw, but it's gonna kick some massive ass.

So, here's a story about me and a librarian. The back story is that the new brandon sanderson book came out a few weeks ago and i reserved teh audiobook from the library.  I got it and it's 36 discs.  No, I'm not exaggerating.  36.  do you know how many hours that is?  I do.  It's 45.6 hours.  Almost two whole days.  So when I didn't finish it in teh first 14 days I get from the library and went to extend the due date here is the conversation that ensued:

Me:  Hi, I'd like to return these (children's books) and I would like to renew the audiobook I have out.
Librarian:  Okay, hold on and let me check.....[she gives a long look at the computer and then looks back at me reproachfully].  Um...well, you're not done with it?
Me: No, that's why I need to renew it.  It's pretty long. 
Librarian: Hmmm....[she looks at the computer again for another whole minute] well...you know, there are other people who want to borrow this.  You really should return it as soon as possible.
Me: I know, it's a new release.  I have been listening a lot, I'm more than half way done, I'm on disc 20 already of 36, but I want to finish it.  That's why I want to renew it.
Librarian:  [Looks at me disapprovingly as if I should have been able to finish a 45 hour audiobook in two weeks] I guess *sigh*...well, I guess I can renew it for you but only if you promise to return it the minute you finish it.  There are other people who want to read this book, too, you know. 
Me: Um...Ok?  That was the plan.  Um...thanks?
Librarian:  Don't take too long!

I kid you not.  That is the conversation as close to perfect as i remember. 

And, just to be annoying, I dare you to listen to this and not get this shit stuck in your head for the rest of the day: Dirt Nasty, 1980

No comments:

Post a Comment