Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What I'm searching for, to tell it straight, I'm trying to build a wall

Last day of November, today is.  Yup.  It's all over.  Goodbye November.  Hello December.  Almost the end of yet another year.  And what have I accomplished?  I'm thinking of writing a list of all of the things I have accomplished this year.  You should, too. 

It's a rainy day out today.  Christmas shopping was semi-successful but not too successful.  Oh well.  I guess I still have time, I was just hoping to get stuff out of the way.  Why is it that you buy someone something and then think of something super cool to give them only after you have bought the other stuff?  I mean, the other stuff is cool, too, but they would appreciate the thing you thought of too late much more.  Sigh.  Such is the folly of buying gifts. 

I had a fail on first attempt at making alcoholic chocolate covered cherries.  I guess I'll try again sometime...The cherries just taste like medicine, they are too 'cherry' flavored.  I know, how is that possible, they are cherries?  But it's true. 

Am in a melencholy mood today.  And yesterday.  After my concert high wore off I was kind depressed.  Compile that with my shopping failure (I should have known it would be a failure, I'm horrible at shopping in normal times) and my overall alone-ness yesterday of course I'm feeling kinda depressed.  I have discovered something about myself.  I need people.  I need people who care about me to interact with.  all the time.  I am not good by myself.  Some people need alone time.  I, on the other hand, have waaaay too much alone time seeing as how I work solo all the time then spend another large chunk of my day with a toddler who really could care less what I want and isn't much of a conversationalist yet.  I am an emotional vampire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment