Monday, November 8, 2010

Birds fall from the window ledge above mine

I really love that song so much.  It's Mr. Mastodon Farm by Cake.  It's off their very first album and it's probably one of the best songs ever in my opinion.  I feel so connected to things when I listen to this song.  I don't know what it is about this song, or some other songs by Cake that do the same thing to me like Shadow Stabbing and Up So Close.  They just make me feel very connected to things, make me feel like there is meaning to life and it's simple and clean and unfettered by daily crap.  I guess listening to these songs is like giving my soul a 2min 35second bath.  You know what, here's a link to Mr. Mastodon Farm.  Check it out.  It might just be me, but if you feel better after listening to it, then let me know. 

Just another day in paradise at work.  I'm reading/listening to a lot of horror right now so I creep myself out when I work alone.  It's fun and scary at the same time.  You know?

Food show this weekend.  I'm excited to see Alton Brown, he is my cooking hero.  I'm looking into taking a few classes at this place JJ suggested in Chesterland in the spring, maybe a bread class and a cake decorating class and a risotto class.  I love risotto.

And I heard today that Walking Dead is on Hulu now so I'm gonna check it out tonite.  I'll let you know how it is if you haven't seen it  yet.  I haven't, obviously.

Also, moving on to stage two in my diet/lifestyle change.  Today starts 2/3 Vegan instead of 2/3 vegetarian.  Let's see if I can do it.  I have faith.  So far today, apple oatmeal.  Good start.  I'm also going to try to go swimming everyday after work before I pick up bear.  At least, that's the intent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment