Sunday, November 14, 2010

leaving nothing more, nothing left to say

Went to Moxie last night, it's a Tappas style restaraunt. I love tappas style.  Basically it means you get options, like here's the menu of tiny portions, here's the menu of little portions and here's the whole meal portions.  So, if you want, have tastes of lots of fancy foods, or just get one meal of fancy food.  Or get a bunch of stuff and share (which is what Ry and I do).  It's easy to get carried away at places like this, there so much food you want to try.  And it's usually soo good.  And it was.  It wasn't as good as Lola but it was nice and tasty.  And the ambiance is nice there.   The website said business casual dress code so I dressed up but there were people there in jeans and a tee shirt so it wasn't necessary apparently.  But...I looked good last night so I felt good, you know what I mean? 

And the food show at teh I X center?  Awesome.  Tried lots of good food and got to see Alton Brown give a live demonstration.  So exciting.  I love Alton Brown.  Seriously, I think he's the reason I really enjoy cooking.  No one had ever tied science and cooking together for me like that before and I think that is what really makes me into cooking now.  I love it.  I think I'm gonna try to make homemade bread tonight, too.  So, yeah, if I do I'll post pics tomorrow or something. 

Okay, gotta get to work.  Its freezing in my office right now and my fingers are about ready to fall off.  I don't know why the heat isn't working... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment