Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Stop the bus, I wanna be lonely. seconds pass slowly and years go flying by.

Good morning, ya'll.  I didn't know the definition of sore before last night.  And practice again tonite, it's gonna be killer.   Last night we worked on falls, so 1 knee falls, 2 knee falls, baseball slides (which I couldn't ever do in baseball and are much easier in skates, believe that or not) and 180s which are super fun.  As long as I don't put my hands down, which I do almost every time.  Then we ran a relay race with falls, that was fun but intimidating.  We did pushes and pulls, that was hard.  It's where a line of 6 girls either takes turns getting pushed or pulled by one girl.  Sindinator totally pushed us way too much for what we were prepared for and she threw me to the ground.  My thigh where I did a baseball slide onto still hurts, it'll probably bruise.  Then we did something called Pandemonium.  It was the most intimidating and the most fun.  Basically, all the girls get in a line and skate about arms length apart from each other.  Then the girl in the back slaloms through each girl.  Now, let me just tell you there are about 50 girls in camp with all the newbies and roller girls involved. It took forever and by the end I was more exhausted than I have ever been.  But super fun and I was better at it than I thought I would be. 

So, still discouraged from last night, though.  I just don't feel like I'm getting better like everyone else is.  I dunno.  Oh well, with almost 30 girls trying out for the team I won't make it anyway but I'll go and have fun and maybe I'll practice and try out for the Cleveland team in August when they hold their tryouts.  Jeh's gf steph said she would try out for Cleve team if I don't get on this one. 

Oh well, I'm still trying.  Just feeling discouraged.  And never call your brother after a hard practice for encouragement.  Cause you'll get none.  It's not that he doesn't want to encourage me, it's that he doesn't know how. 

Here's a cool band with a silly name.  New Young Pony Club, Hiding on the staircase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment