Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's things like this that I make me not cool

So, me, davey and ry went to see Henry Rollins spoken word at the Cleveland Art Museum last night (which we all thought was a weird place for the venue to be located *shrugs*) and I felt motivated to email him this morning.  I'm usually not very into the emailing famous people kind of thing, I feel that they are way too busy doing things that make them famous then to hear some complete stranger (me) tell them that I really like them and how they influence my life or whatever.    So, what did I do this morning?  It might have been from the lack of sleep or the enormous headache I have that convinced me that this would be a good idea but I wrote one to Henry.  Here it is, just so you can make fun of me for today.  Today's normally an off day for blogs, too, but this was too embarrassing not to share with all of you.

Thanks for stopping in Cleveland, I really enjoyed the show last night.  I have seen your spoken word shows three times now and every time they are always awesome.  I know you aren't necessarily trying for 'motivational speaker' but I really do feel moved and motivated after going to your shows.  Also, you make me feel better about humanity as a whole.  I am a little envious of you that you can go all over and meet so many interesting and diverse people with such an open mind and kind heart.  You make me want to be a better person and I will strive to do so. 

Sorry this came off as kind of sappy. 

I have listened to several of your CDs and, as I mentioned before, have been to several of your shows.  You are just so open and candid when you speak that I feel that you are a good friend of mine who I haven't seen in a while and last night we just got a chance to catch up.  I am sure that might sound kind of creepy, so sorry about that as well, I'm not trying to be creepy... 

Anyway, this is the first time I've written to you (and probably the last time since this email is sounding more stalkeresque and less like a normal person of which I'd like to assure you I am the latter).  I just wanted you to know that I really enjoyed the show last night and always appreciate the chance to see you when your travels take you out this way.

Thanks!

So, there, make fun of me all you want.  I am already embarrassed. I'll post his response if I get one from him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment