Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I must be good at something,I mean, there must be a reason for me, right?

First off, I can't find a video of the song I'm referencing in the title line of my blog today.  Gah.  I'll substitute with another song by the same band but it just doesn't have the same affect, you know?  You know.

So, I am using the title today, either way, because I was recently listening to a podcast about Freegans and dumpster diving on stuff you should know.  So apparently there is a website that you can go to if you are a freegan and find ways to volunteer your time to earn free services from other people volunteering their time as well, it's called timebanking.  Basically you say on this site that you can provide this service or training or whathaveyou and when you do you claim it for timebank dollars that you can later trade for other services from other people doing the same thing as you.  

Which made me think about what services I have for the public.  What I can teach people.  I mean, I'm not going to go freegan, I just like to think about how I can be useful.  For example, in the case of the impeding zombie apolcolypse of 2011, what skills to I have that will help further the pursuits of survival for the human race?  I work alone all day so I have these little thought excercises to keep me thinking and stuff.  Or I'd be the first zombie of the apocolypse and that is just unacceptable.  

I'm having a hard time coming up with a list of things that I contribute to society.  I'm going to think on this all day and try to come up with a list and post it tomorrow.  Any suggestions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment