Monday, February 28, 2011

Let this be our little secret, no one needs to know we're feeling

So...I had like three things I wanted to write about and now I can only think of two of them.

The first is this...I got into a debate with a Canadian truck driver yesterday over the validity of the US government for the entire tenure of Obama's presidency.  Basically, he's a Birther, isn't that what's it call when you want to personally hold Obama's birth certificate in your hands?  He told me that Obama is going to have a hard time getting re-elected if he can't show proof.  Personally, I don't see how it makes a difference at this point. It's been 3 years.  For real.  Even if he doesn't have one and did spring from the soil of Kenya a full blooded Muslim, well even then he has already been president for 3 years.  What are we going to do about it now? 

Well, the Canadian truck driver, I didn't get his name so we will just call him...Canada for short, he told me that if Obama didn't find his birth certificate for the next election it would prove that he is an evil Muslim Terrorist born in the dreaded hot desert sands of Kenya (they have lions) and he would go to jail.  For imitating an American.  How dare he.  Really. Oh, and that they would repeal any and all legislation that has happened in the last 3 years.  All of it.  Cause it was all done by Obama personally. Cause that's how we roll in the good US of A.

I tried to argue the point that we are not a dictatorial or even monarchy style government and that the House and the Senate actually pass most of the legislation and that Obama is just part of it, not the whole or even the driving force behind much of the legislation that makes its way through congress.  Also, the republicans hold the power right now anyway so they can deter Obama's zany madcap schemes all they want anyway.  And it's just silly to repeal every law that was passed in the last 3 years.  Just plain silly.  You know, I just found out that if you mistype plain you can have palin.  So I almost said it was just Palin silly, which also is appropriate.  I think it synonymous or something, right? 

He tried to argue my point but he just kept sounding crazier and I think he realized it, so then he said, don't you have some work to be doing so I can finish unloading this Sodium Hypochlorite or something?

I'm pretty sure that means I win.  Right?  I won?  I never win so I have a hard time knowing when I do, it's such a foreign experience for me. It was a morning full of shock, because who would expect I would be debating American politics with a Birther Republican Canadian at 7:45 am on a Sunday morning.  I honestly didn't even know that Birther Republican Canadians existed.  And, now that I'm thinking on it, why does he even care?  He's Canadian.  Isn't it like a colder version of paradise up there or something? 

The other thing I remember that I wanted to tell you is that the thunder this morning was crazy loud and long and rumbly.  I thought Asher might wake up afraid but I was the only one up.  Weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment