Monday, May 9, 2011

Then suddenly you know you're never going home

I'm having issues.  I'm trapped at 16 when I go to my dad's house lately.  Just because it's more expensive doesn't mean it makes me feel any better about the bus from which he fell.  How should I feel?  I know this dad. This is my dad.  But this is not a healthy dad.  Everyone likes this guy but me.  And even I like him, and I hate him.  It makes me think of childhood stories.  I've told you a few already, I think. 

One time my dad took us camping...
One time my dad took us on a hike...
One time my dad locked us out of the house for a whole day so we could learn to survive in the wild...
One time my dad swears we were abducted by aliens...
One time my dad let my 3 year old brother drive home from Cleveland in a borrowed car...
One time my dad fell from a cliff he was trying to climb...
One time my dad accidentally left us at a woman's house...
One time my dad got my dog arrested...
One time my dad got arrested...
Another time my dad got arrested...
Another time my dad got a DUI...
Another time my dad got a DUI while on a DUI.
Another time my dad got a DUI while on a DUI, again.
A lot of times my dad made me drive (even before I had a license) to buy him beer...
One time my dad passed out drunk at the drive-in theatre and I had to drive us home (I was 14)...
Another time my dad got pulled over for doing donuts in Eastway parking lot...
One time my dad locked us in his room for hours, lecturing...
Another time my dad locked in in my room, lecturing...
One time my dad fell down the stairs and broke his collar bone and made me set it...
Another time my dad fell down the stairs and broke his collar bone and made me set it....
One time my dad punched through the glass window on the door and made me pull the glass out with a hot dog and stitch it up with fishing line...
Another time my dad punched a window and made me pull the glass out with a hot dog and stitch it up with fishing line...
One time my dad tried to burn the house down while he was inside it...

I could go on but it gets a bit repetitive. 

Daddy issues much?

Sorry, I'm done now.

2 comments:

  1. You ever talk to a professional about your dad? I think you may have told me but I forget. Having to carry all that stuff around is just not healthy or good. Or fair. You need someone to take it away from you.

    You do hang on pretty well, tho. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Davey Jones is back baby! Your dad sure does fall down a lot.

    ReplyDelete