Friday, September 9, 2011

Fresh peach pie, oh my, what a day, CSA...

Sorry this took so long to get to, I'm already picking up this week's CSA today.   I just had a problem getting the pics off my phone, my work computer sucks more now than it ever did before.  I wonder why...anyway, here's the list of last week's Fresh Fork bag contents. 
6 ears super sweet Miria 301 corn
3 lbs yukon gold potatoes
1 lb grassfed ground beef
2 ct green bell peppers
1 lb green beans
Approx 1.5 lbs Flaming Fury Lucky 13 and John Boy peaches (freestone peaches)
2 ct cucumbers 
2 ct yellow summer squash (probably last of the summer already)
8 oz bag or bunch of kale
1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes

First off, some of the cherry tomatoes were moldy again.  It's kinda sad but we redeemed the ones we could.  Asher ate them all as snacks, he's a cherry tomato fiend!

Before we bake...I was too short on time to fold lattice



Also, due to a vacation (NYC trip) we had extra food I ordered this week, we got double peaches, double green beans, milk, lettuce, luna brand veggie burgers and cheese.  I had all these peaches.  Three pounds of peaches.  What do you do with three pounds of peaches, you might ask?  These were the best tasting peaches I've had all year, too.  So good.  Of course, I made pie.  Delicious deep dish pie.  And two little cobblers with the left over peaches.  Here's the pics from that.  

Yum!
We grilled the summer squash and the corn with the luna burger veggie burgers.  Awww....those veggie burgers.  They were awesome.  I really liked them.  They were huge!  I shoulda taken pics of them but I wasn't thinking about it.  And ryan does something to the squash before he grills it that makes it like eating squashy heaven.  It was a great dinner. 




Sweet corn is awesome.  Don't come near me, I won't share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment