Thursday, September 29, 2011

Beach Body Insanity, day by day, part two

And the beat goes on.  Here's part two of the beach body insanity posts.  Here's a link to part one in case you missed it.  My hope is that if you are just a random internet person and are lacking a buddy for the beach body program (and you really need a buddy, it just helps) you can be my buddy, even though I already did it.  Just follow along day by day, and share my misery and pain and eventually feel the success.  Or something motivating, I don't know.  Insert something witty, clever and motivational for you and pretend I said it.  Rah-rah go team! 

By the way, the colors are the same.  My original comments are in black, my comments from today are in red and A's comments are in blue.

Day 16: Cardio Circuit:
I hate the floor work on this one, it kicks my ass.  it doesn't help when people come over and see me flailing around in shorts and a sports bra, flab flying willy nilly.  Low moral day?  Why do you ask?
I think this one my be my favorite one so far.  I don't know why...maybe b/c it has more ab stuff that I can actually do and feel the burn on.


Day 17: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs:
Well, I did better on pure cardio today.  I didn't have time to do both, I was gonna take tomorrow off so I'll just do cardio abs tomorrow.  I feel like I only have to take a few breaks during this one and I definitely feel that I'm not decimated when I'm done anymore.  That's progress, right?
  This was probably my best session so far. 

Day 18: Cardio Recovery:
I did cardio recovery and cardio abs today to make up for missing it the other day.  I actually prefer to do cardio abs with recovery than with pure cardio.
 I'm still truckin' away...

Day 19: Cardio Power & Resistance:
Man, I did not sleep well last night and did this workout first thing in the morning without eating and being super tired.  Needless to say, it kicked my butt.  I was so tired throughout the whole thing.  I really felt it more than usual, maybe that's a good thing? 

Day 20: Plyometric Cardio:
this is the first time I felt a little sick working out, i'm still not sleeping well so I wonder if that's it.  Otherwise a good workout.

Day 21: REST

Day 22: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs:
not such a good workout for me, either.  I've been having a week of stomach trouble and little sleep, I guess it's finally catching up to me, I was just so tired and stomach achy throughout this workout that i don't feel it was the best I'd had.
Not too much into the workout today. 

Day 23: Cardio Power & Resistance:
I forgot to write this in when I did it! yikes.  Oh well, this is my favorite workout, if I have to pick one.
Not a good workout today.  I was ble to finish, but only after pausing for 5 minutes or so.Day 24: Plyometric Cardio:
Not a great self esteem workout today. I really felt ineffectual and fat. and slow.  so slow.
This is my favorite one. I know I've said it before, but I really feel I'm working out every muscle group in this one.  I feel the most results, I guess.  I'm trying out this new Berry Vega protein shake as a meal replacement once per day.  It worked out okay today at work with me drinking it for breakfast.  I didn't have time to have a snack in between breakfast and lunch, so I was super hungry. I usually have a banana or protein bar for a pick me up snack.  Let's see how tomorrow goes.  It tastes okay with the addition of frozen strawberries, applesauce, and orange juice.  I'm not big on protein shakes due to the eggy taste, but this one is vegan, so I thought I would try it out.  We'll see...
Day 25: Cardio Recovery:
SKipped this one cause I was sick.  I'll make it up sometime.

Day 26:Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs:
This might be the first time I really feel good after I finished a workout.  I was worried about this one because I was sick but I'm feeling pretty good right now.  So go me. 
Good workout today...even if I'm still feeling unmotivated.  I'm getting nervous for Month 2...I hear it's a killer.  I have one more workout, then core recovery week, then my month 2 starts. 

Day 27: Plyometric Cardio:
Going on vacation...hope it doesn't ruin my workout schedule...
Shit.  I'm sofa king gross right now with all of the dripping sweat. 

Day 28: REST

Day 29: Core Cardio & Balance:
I prefer some of the other workouts to this one. I agree that hipflexors suck massively. I hate them, I do I do I do. Also, my shoulders...after a while it really burns! I really hate Tonya. Down to 150.8 lbs! Woot. NYC and Beach body workout for the win.

This was an interesting workout. I would say a little tougher than cardio recovery, but not as high impact as some of the others.  My hip flexors are going to kill tomorrow.  This was also a good ab workout.  Sipping on some whey protein shake that is actually yummy. My jeans that I wore today are officially too big.  I was able to pinch a good 1.5-2 inches from the waist. I really should have started measurements...maybe I'll do that at the beginning of my month 2...

Day 30: Core Cardio & Balance:
day two down.  I really don't feel the ab work so much on this one, i wonder if I'm doing it wrong... :(
I was pretty sore after yesterday's workout today in my lower back...  A coworker that is also doing this told me to keep my knees faced front with the squat exercises.  This helped today.  The hip flexor burner exercises can kiss my ass, though.

Day 31: Core Cardio & Balance:
I kind of think Tonya doubles as a stripper.  It's just that smile on her face.  Seriously.  I also think that there is some no doubt cover music in the beginning of the workout.  I think that I prefer when we have different workouts every day, the same thing over and over gets, you know...
Yeah, I love everything except the hip flexor burner exercises.  Suck it hard, Shaun T.  Instead of rushing to get all of week 5 done before vacation, I've decided not to stress about it, because I know that I'm going to gain a ton of weight on vacation.  I'm going to give myself a few days to get myself back in gear when I come back and prepare myself for the weigh in and Month 2. 
Day 32: Core Cardio & Balance:
So, I had to work a double today, boo on that, but i brought the jump drive to work and fit as much in as i could in my second lunch break.  I only had to skip the shoulder burners which, to be honest, i really wasn't sad about.  The celebratory sound my hips made today during hip flexors: pop, crack, pop, crack.
One more workout in before vacation...

Day 33: Core Cardio & Balance:
 I had a horrible workout today, my kid has a jihad against sleep this weekend and I've been having mild insomnia so the combination made for a sluggish and exhausted workout.  Gah.  I'll do better tomorrow.  veggie quinoa for the win, though.  I found it in bulk so I'm super excited about that.  I really want to make it for you, A.
This is the first workout that I've done since we've been back.   I plan on "powering through" to the fitness test and just grow some balls and start month 2.  I was happy to see I didn't gain any weight on vacation, so that's awesome....my husband's bodybuilder cousin had suggested muscle milk to avoid any pain after the workouts (stop scoffing at me).  Tried some today.  Holy fuck.  This shit is sweet as hell...and it's the light version.  I'll have to cut it with strawberries or water or some shit tomorrow.  Will not buy again...but must finish 3 remaining servings.  I'm not trying to bulk up, just get extra casein and whatever I need to avoid pain of month 2.  He gave me other pointers. 

Day 34: Core Cardio & Balance:
dude, last day of recovery week. I'm pretty scared.  I don't have time to do both workouts tomorrow so I'm probably going to do the fit test with maybe the abs one and then do the max interval the next day.
I'm so scared for tomorrow.  I'm going to skip the day of rest since those 9 days were my resting days and try to pummel through if work permits....


Day 35: REST
 
Stay tuned for part 3, the dreaded month two....

No comments:

Post a Comment