Wednesday, September 28, 2011

all the parents of children under six say "hey!"


It's a requirement for all parents of children who like
yo gabba to know every one of these character's names.

So, I know you want another beach body insanity post, which you will get tomorrow or the next day, I promise. Today, you are getting my Yo Gabba Gabba Live!  post. 

So, we took Asher to Yo Gabba Gabba live last night.  And I was a little worried about a whole lot of things, if Asher would have fun, if he would be able to sit through the whole show, if he would cry when it was over, if we would be bored, if the whole night would end in disaster. 

None of those things happened.  It was super awesome.  If you have a kid under the age of six, I highly recommend you to see this show.  It's kind of expensive, we paid $34.50 a ticket after ticketmaster charges. What's sad is that the tickets were originally only like 25 bucks each, which isn't so bad.  But, thank you ticketmaster.  I appreciate you raping me every time I want to go to a show or concert.  Just, thanks.  You know I love it, secretly.

Anyway, it was at the Akron Civic Theatre, which is pretty much the coolest theatre I've ever been to ever.  It was amazing and beautiful.  Let me see if the internet has any cool photos of it... It's not much to look at on the exterior, but it's what's on the inside that counts.


 
Anyway, Yo Gabba.  So, there is a huge tv screen on stage and DJ Lance comes on screen and talks to the kids.  He then says he can't really hear them so he runs towards the screen, and jumps out of a hidden door, in the screen.  Then he asks us to say the magic words to help our friends come out.  When we chant Yo Gabba Gabba a few times the screen bursts into two panals and pushes open and our friends are inside, jut like the boom box on the show.  It was super cool.  We saw Dale Earndhart Jr. Jr. as our musical guest, because listening and dancing to music is AWESOMMMMEEEEE!  And of course, Biz Marqie came out and did a whole segment with kids on stage doing Biz's beat of the day.  It was fun.

I am not going to talk about the whole show, I really don't want to ruin it if you go and see it, and if you don't have a kid you probably don't really care.  Just know there was a lot of fun and dancing and everyone had fun.  I will try to post a video of asher dancing here, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment