Monday, September 26, 2011

Day by Day, adventures with Beach Body Insanity, part 1

Here are the comments I promised I'd post about my Beach Body Insanity workout with A from across the country.  I really didn't think I'd make it and here I am, 8 days left in my workout.  I'm not sure what to do after this, I'd like to keep the nice toning I got from my workout.  I wouldn't say I'm beach ready, but I'm much more fit and Ry tells me I look good.  So, anyway, here's the condensed version with some of A's comments sprinkled in for flavor.  My commentary from now will be in red, A's comments  from at the time will be noted and in blue.   This is from the first 15 days of the workout.  I'm hoping that anyone who reads this will know that you can get through this workout I can.  I know you can.  Cause I didn't think I could and here I am...

Day 1: Fitness Test 1: 
Wow.  This is...well..just wow. by the way...weight is 154 lbs today

Day 2: Plyometric Cardio:
Almost made it through before I wanted to die.  Then I realized it was just the warm up.  It's gonna be a long tough ride.  My calves are killing me! (here I'm trying to be optimistic, I haven't given up yet)
A: Fuck.  I don't ever think my calves will recover.

Day 3: Cardio Power & Resistance:
So, I skipped yesterday because I felt like i was in an a car accident.  Today I was still super sore but this workout was better.  Also, I paced myself a little better this time and didn't rush as much to keep up with the super athletes. (I really really really wanted to quit at this point.  I was being optimistic on here because, you know, I didn't want to sound like a whiny bitch to A.)
A:Oh great.  More sore calves AND almost puking during every push-up exercise. I rock.
Day 4: Cardio Recovery:
This one was the best so far.  I wish I could just do this one every day.  I really like it when Shawn T tells me that he's there for me. 

Day 5: Pure Cardio:
I think Shawn T sums this workout up nicely when he says 'this shit is bananas!" And his admission that he was scared of this one, I was too.  And, I really liked it when he said, "some people say, Shawn, why are you a fitness instructor?  I think it's because I wanna look good."  That was freaking hard. Btw, three days in a row if anyones counting.  I'm proud of myself.    (it's amusing that I'm proud of myself when the workout is supposed to be six days a week and I just made it three in a row.  Seriously, though, this first week was agony)

Day 6: Plyometric Cardio:
Um...I did the abs workout today, was I not supposed to do that? It was only 18 minutes, maybe that should have clued me in.   ---------     Went back and did the pylo cardio the next day to make up for it.  I suck at the groundwork.  yes I do. (Yea, I often can't follow simple directions such as which workout to do which day, you'll find that as we continue.  At least I made it up).
A: Second time around isn't so bad. Still feel like crap, but not as sore.  I felt great in the morning.  I felt like ass by dinner time. 
Day 7: REST

Day 8: Cardio Power & Resistance:
This one is sooooo hard!  I think it's the biggest challenge for me.  But I made it through another day, so yea!  152.4 lbs

Day 9: Pure Cardio:
Did I say that yesterday was my biggest challenge?  I think I forgot how hard this one was, too.  Both are my biggest challenge.  This one kills me.  I thought i'd feel better about it today, like I'd have more stamina and whatever, but, no, that was not the case.  Oh well, at least it's hard for the people in there, too.  I don't feel so bad. (Pure Cardio is actually my favorite workout from the first month, now.  When I fill in the blanks, basically when I'm skipping second level plyo (cause it sucks massive testicles), I substitute in Pure Cardio and Cardio abs.)
A: I got some more yummy protein bars at Trader Joe's and odwalla bars bulk in the mail.  It's the one thing that I look forward to after my workouts, besides the long hot showers.

Day 10: Cardio Circuit:
Three hard days in a row is taking it's toll on me.  This was way rougher than normal.  Thank goodness tomorrow is recovery. I might skip tomorrow though, and take a day off, maybe, too. I'll decide how I feel tomorrow.
A: Who would've thought that Denny's pancakes and working out don't mix?  Certainly not this dumbass.

Day 11: Cardio Recovery:
Man, for some reason this one really really made me sore.  I'm gonna hurt even more tomorrow I bet. 
A: **** doesn't know what he's missing.  I love this workout.

Day 12: Cardio Power & Resistance:
Not too bad.  I'm probably not going to be too reliable to be doing this for the next couple of days due to our trip to kentucky, I'll try but I might just have to make up for it next week.
A: Getting nervous for Fitness Test #2.  I'm also excited for cardio abs tomorrow.

Day 13: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs:
Yeah, three days off makes this one pretty hard.  I'm very discouraged because I'm not losing any weight, I'm at the same I was at last time at 152.4. Big frowny face for today and the fit test, well, i kinda want to skip it and just keep working out, I don't want to feel ashamed of myself because I'm not any better than last time.  I really don't know if I will do it or just skip to the next workout, I can only handle so much bad feelings about it, you know?
A: Drenched in sweat and disappointed...in myself.  I'm pretty sure I was doing half of the exercises wrong, especially the c-position leg raises because I felt it half in my lower back as well.  And, here's ****'s quote of the night: "That last exercise was ridiculous.  You know...the fucking one."

Day 14: REST

Day 15: Fitness Test 2:Okay, I did the fit test.  I did okay, maybe one or two better on some of them, only one where I did worse.  So that wasn't too bad.  I hate push up jacks.  Let me just say that.  I really hate them.  My reward for working out hard?  Stir fried veggie quinoa.  It's my absolute favorite. 
A:  So, yeah.  We're fine specimens of something or other here.  I'm so nauseous right now that I probably won't do any protein bar tonight.  Maybe some gatorade will help us out.  I'm pretty disappointed.  I'd thought we'd do better. I did more of every single exercise except the push-up jacks...which I did less of.   A coworker says she sees results in me after 2 weeks.  I still can't notice anything...maybe pants are fitting slightly better...

Wanna read more?  Here's part two...

1 comment: