Monday, June 13, 2011

He's making a point, and it's very important indeed

This morning I woke up and it's over.  The honeymoon with my body feeling good and feeling good about my self image.  It's over.  I think it's time for a divorce.  And a food diary.  I can't handle it.  I know diets don't work.  So I am going to just try to change how I eat permanently.  And I'm going to try to plan out meals for a week at a time so we don't eat out as much.  I am feeling so fat today. 

I mean, I had been feeling fat lately, anyway, but now it's almost too much.  I hate it.  I can feel this one fat roll all the time.  Gah.  It's horrendous.  I can't stand it. So, I signed up to do a wellness challenge at work and now I'm dieting.  I'm making one exception for myself per week, like a reward, to help me through, you know?  Like, once a week I can eat out and eat whatever I want, but the rest of the week, gonna be a good girl. 

I also want to do this to teach Asher how to eat well.  And because we get all this CSA food and it's awesome and I don't want it to go bad.  I made my chicken last night and it will be lunch box food all week.  I'm having a chicken salad with the CSA stuff for lunch today, chicken and fresh lettuce and tomatoes, a little cheese. 

Not exactly sure what my diet will be, though.  I think, no fried foods.  Lower the amount of processed foods.  Only meat once per day.  No snacky-snacks (sticking to natural snacks like fruits and veggies).  Smaller portions.  Eat breakfast every day.  That's a good start. 

Anyone have a good website that helps you plan your meals out for a week at a time? Maybe one that helps you generate a grocery list as well?

1 comment: