Monday, August 22, 2011

Listen to the wind blow, down comes the night

I know I still owe you a blog post about the nerf war but...I'm a slacker, what can I say?  Here's a quickie about my weekend in NYC with the girls. 

Awesome. 

Okay, return to your regularly scheduled program. 

Seriously, it was awesome.  I feel so good.  I know I was super worried about Asher but, as I was told he would be, he was better than me while I was gone as far as the worry went.  It was all good.  Really. 

This game is called Passage, it was
 the piece that moved me the
most in the entire museum. 
I hung out with two of the best ladies I know for a whole weekend of fun in NYC, eating awesome ethnic foods and walking all over the city, taking public transportation (one of my favorite things to do when I go to the city, honestly), seeing the sights and people, listening to good music and generally being in good company.  I felt like a real person again.  We went to MoMA (where we all decided that our children could be actual contenders for professional acclaimed modern artists) and were really awed and wowed by the Tech exhibit called Talk to Me (it's on the third floor).


We walked through China Town and Little Jamaica (where we had vegan Jamaican food).


vegan Jamaican food...yum...













We walked around Brooklyn at night to look at the city across the water. We also saw a weird band playing in Brooklyn inside a building with a creepy freaky guy (or mannequin) just staring at me around the cacophony dressed in a white suit.  He and I were staring each other down.  Grr...
Manhattan across the river.
We walked around 5th Ave (we just happened to be there...), found a random street fair, bought a dress and went to a fine dining vegan restaurant that was a little hippie-tastic but good called Caravan of Dreams and then had Sangria at a cheesy little Mexican restaurant called Hotel Tortuga  (they were super nice and let us eat our bakery food with our Sangria even though they had their own desserts) late into the night on a Saturday night in Manhattan.  


Awesome old abandoned movie theatre in Little Jamaica. 

You know I'm bad at taking photos.  I'm gonna steal more from Ann when she gets them to me to post on here.    



No comments:

Post a Comment