Monday, July 11, 2011

I'm burning up, somebody put some water on me

I woke up in the middle of the night last night to the smell of garlic fried chicken with the overwhelming fear that the wall was falling down on me.  I spent a few minutes holding the wall up and trying to figure out where the fried garlic chicken was until I figured out I was dreaming/lucid and that the wall would indeed still be erect even if I took my hands away and that it's just absurd for someone to have snuck into my room and put garlic chicken on my bedstand while I slept.  Eventually I worked up the nerve to go to the bathroom even though I had an overwhelming fear that the person who put the chicken in my room was waiting for me.  Now I'm just waiting for someone to fess up, come on guys, who put the chicken in my room?.

You know what else is dumb?  I just now (after I typed it) figured out that 'fess up' is a slang term derived from the word 'confess'.  Yes, a late bloomer.

1 comment: