Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Yeah, it's overwhelming but what else can we do?

You know, I didn't really like MGMT that much when I first heard them but this album has really grown on me.  It's subtle like that. 

It's been a tough week for me.  No more ticks so far, but I also haven't been out too much.  I've been super stressed out at work and at home, everything irritates me and I can't seem to relax or calm down, which causes lots of braxton-hicks contractions.  I decided I'm taking Friday off of work this week even though I don't really have the time (I want as much at home with Seiry as possible, you know?) because I need a "me" day.  I have a mani-pedi that I bought on groupon a while back which I was saving for right before her birth but I think I need it now more than I will need it then.  I also have a dr's appt on Friday so it works out well.  I'd like to get a massage, too, but I don't know if I'll have the time.  Maybe just a nice soak in my mom's huge bath tub. 

Ah, the heartburn is back.  I think it almost never leaves me now. 

The doula thing has been a hassle, too.  My doula never talks to me.  That's not right, is it?  I didn't think so.  I need one who is actually a real doula and isn't just using me to get her certification.  Why does the Cleveland area suck for women's care?  I don't get it. 

I really don't have time to be writing this blog.  I had so many things I wanted to tell you guys, too.  I'll leave you with this one tidbit from the weekend.

So, we are at Little Gym on Sunday with Asher and another mom comes up and chats with me, asking me how far along I am.  I told her I'm about 8 months and she was all like "Oh, you don't even look like it, you're so small!" Which was nice of her, I feel like I've just participated in one of those "eat a bajillion hot dogs as fast as you can" contest.  She asks if we know the sex, we tell her it's a girl.  She asks the name and we tell her "Seiry" and she immediately (way too quickly and loudly) responds "OH MY GOD, I LOVE IT!!!!"  The enthusiasm never reaches her eyes, though.  On our way home Ry and I both have a pretty good laugh because we both caught that she hates the name but she had her pre-planned response ready.  It was refreshing, actually, I'm so tired of people telling me that "we still have time before the baby is born to change our minds" or "Don't you mean Suri, like Tom Cruise's daughter?". 

Anyway, I really need to get a bunch of work done today. I'll miss you all until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment