Thursday, February 2, 2012

30 day writing challenge. Day 1: Hand of Fate

The birth of my brother was a defining moment in my life.  I think I would not be the person I am today if he had never been born, or if he had been born at a different time in my life.  The kind, loving, nurturing person I am proud to be is because he was in my life, anchoring me during the hardest times in my life and giving me a purpose and reason to be strong and reliable and giving me the strong sense of family that I have.  I feel that, without my brother in my life, I would have ended up on a different path of self degeneracy.  I might have (probably would have) given up on a lot of my dreams and aspirations due to the hard times I lived through as a child and ended up being a broken shell of what I am today.  I am eternally grateful (even when I'm annoyed at him) that he is in my life and that we have the relationship that we do.  I know this comes off as cheesy and sappy but it's the truth and I feel that, if I did believe in fate, that the hand of fate has put him into my life to make me who I am today.  And I'm proud of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment