Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Baby, I'm baaaaaackkkk!!

I guess I'm back from a lot of things.  I'm back from a busy summer hiatus.  I'm back from a mommy escape weekend to Portland, Oregon with my bestie Ann.  I'm back to work from just two days off (Portland was a long weekend) and I come back to 6 angry voicemails from people who didn't pay their bills over the last three years and 45 emails.  This is not normal for me.  I guess I was just missed.  And this morning?  You know what I came into this morning?

I'll give you a hint.
I'll give you another hint.  It's 4 feet of not supposed to be here.  Welcome back to work!  

It's always exciting around here.  I am living through the first of hopefully not so many experiences of having to go against my personal morals on a project due to higher-ups.  I am sure it is not the last time and that's a bitter pill to take.  I have a lot of freedom to do what I think is best for the City so I have to just keep doing things that I think make a positive difference and keep working for the greater good as best I can.  

Want to see some photos from Portland?  Course you do. 
McMenamins Crystal Hotel.  
 
Ann and Clarice in our room. Don't look at me like that, Clarice...
Waterfall at the Japanese Gardens by the Rose Test Gardens (which we didn't go to)

Ann at the Japanese tea gardens

Then we went to the Chinese Tea Gardens, it was a tea garden battle royal!

But the Chinese tea gardens actually had teas to drink so they win.  


Ann got the maple blunt and I got the gay bar. 
Then we went to Voodoo Donuts.  They were intense.
Not as intense as the line to get the donuts, though...


Foo Dog in Chinatown

Food carts everywhere.  Seriously, these were the places that I ate the best.  So good....
It was seriously the best food on my trip, and the best pic of the trip.  The best pic, me stuffing my face.  But so happy. 



Treat yo'self!!!!
Just keeping it weird. 
And the kids, holding down the fort at the Cleveland Zoo while mama was out.  

Photos not listed...our kick ass night at the gay bar Silverado.  It was an excellent time.

Thanks Ann for an awesome mama getaway treat yo'self weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment