Saturday, March 2, 2013

As hollow as the O in God

The Mormons came to my house today.  They gave us a card with their Disney castle headquarters on it hoping to sway us into the faith.  It was not quite like the last time where they shoveled my driveway for me.  Well, not my driveway but the neighbor's drive way but who's really paying attention? It's always so weird for me, I wonder what kind of balls you have to have A: ask someone to spend their weekends going door to door knocking on complete stranger's doors like a travelling soul saving salesperson, and B: to be the person who just knocks on complete stranger's door and almost sickeningly jubilant tells me what a great day it is to be a Mormon.

After Ryan politely told the girl we were not interested in unsolicited soul service we discussed Mormons a little bit.  Ry wanted to know if they would let him see their Mormon underwear and then maybe let us film a Harlem Shake video with Mormons in their sacred bullet and fire proof underroos.  I told him I didn't think that they would let us film that at all even if they were down for doing the Harlem Shake (I mean, who isn't?).  I did find out that even though that LDS site says the Garments can only be gotten at the Latter Day Saint's special groupie store, I found some on Etsy.  Cause Etsy is awesome.

Who wants to film a Mormon Harlem Shake?  Or perhaps a Mormon/Amish combo?  I mean, as long as we are being religiously insensitive right now, let's really go for it, eh? I checked and there isn't one with both.....


1 comment: