Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hello, it's me. I've thought about us for a long long time

So, yeah.  I missed two months of blogging.  What a bad girl.  I've really thought about blogging a lot.  But...I take for granted that you're always there, I take for granted that you just don't care. 

Thanksgiving was par for the course.  I liked the food.  Got to see my Korea cousin briefly.  The fink was supposed to come hang out with me but was too busy with her friends from Kent, understandably so, I mean, she was  only here for such a short time...but it was a little sad for me anyway.  Now it will be a whole nother year before she comes back and I'm sure I'll only see her for 15 minutes then, too.

Oh well.  It is what it is.  And I never want to make you change for me. 

Someone had Todd on the mind...

Asher had the flu, like the real official flu last weekend.  It was rough.  Half of his class was out with it.  Seiry didn't get it, thankfully. 

I ordered this thing from foodie cleveland, it's a coupon book for a bunch of local restaruants.  JJ suggested I blog about it, and I think that's a great idea, so I'm going to try really hard to do that. 

I need a hobby.  I need to feel like a real person again.  All I feel like is a care robot.  And it's my own fault. I know this.  But I still can't stop myself.  So I need a "non" parent thing to do, something for me.  Maybe after we get through the holidays. 

I'm feeling disillusioned with the holidays this year.  I'm not sure why.  I just can't find the holiday spirit.  I hate the consumerism of the holiday and yet I feel dragged into it and responsible for the commercial happiness of my children.  How do you get out of that?  Also, how do you make the grandparents stick to a 1-2 gift limit for their grandchildren?  I'm tired of the grandparents giving my kids 50 presents at each holiday, it's sick.  It's too much.  It makes them expect shit all the time.  And I don't want my kids to be self entitled assholes.  I mean, any more than most 3 year olds already are naturally...

Sorry, this is a bummer blog post.  I'll work on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment